What's New? 2.4.0 (changelog)
What's New? 2.4.0
Released -- 24 June 2021
The 2.4.0 release primarily focuses on improving stablity and capabilities of the Qt/SDL GUI port.
Qt/SDL Build Improvements:
- Added Windows to supported operating systems.
- Now buildable against both Qt5 and Qt6.
- Unix OS build fixes.
Qt/SDL New Tools:
- Added a pattern table tile editor to the PPU viewer.
- Added a sprite table viewer window.
- Added an NES palette color editor tool. Can now edit palette RGB values in realtime.
Qt/SDL Nametable Viewer:
- Added tile and attribute gridlines visibility feature.
- Rearranged window layout.
- Viewport now has zoom levels.
- Viewport now has context menu functionality.
Qt/SDL PPU Viewer:
- Added tile gridlines visibility feature
- Improved active palette display.
- Added pattern table tile viewer context menu options.
- Added a click or hover focus policy option to select tile via mouse.
- Added AVI and WAV recording capability.
Qt/SDL Trace Logger:
- Fixed buffer overrun issue.
- Improved disk write performance.
Qt/SDL Hex Editor:
- Improved editor responsiveness.
- Added a font selection option for text customization.
- Added row / column coloring options.
Qt/SDL GUI Improvements and Bug Fixes:
- Added main menu hide feature.
- Accelerators added to main menu.
- Hot key interface re-worked to better integrate with main menu shortcuts.
- Added menu preset options for autofire pattern and fixed timing issues.
- Added an quick access link to fceux online documentation.
- Added a recent ROMs list to the main menu.
- Added TBL support to hex editor.
- Bug fixes for using native OS QFileDialog option.
- Added RAM init menu options
- Added Qt style plugin and stylesheet selection/load options to UI config window.
- Added feature that allows the binding of gamepad buttons to key sequences that can trigger GUI shortcuts.
- Added PPU overclocking feature to timing config window.
Qt/SDL Video Improvements and Bug Fixes:
- Added aspect ratio selection support.
- Added viewport cursor and draw input aids options.
- Added visible scanline entry fields to video config window.
- Fixed crash issues when switching between OpenGL and SDL drivers.
- Fixed New PPU selection via video config window.
- Fixed image distortion issues when using various video scalers and clipping.
- Screen shot function now captures raw window pixels to allow for higher resolution, aspect ratio and scaler effects to be seen in image.
- Added NTSC/PAL/dendy auto detection at ROM load.
Qt/SDL Stability Fixes:
- Fixed various segmentation faults
- Fixed various memory leaks caught by valgrind.
- Cleaned up many compiler and cppcheck warnings.
Created with the Personal Edition of HelpNDoc: Full-featured multi-format Help generator