What's New? 2.5.0 (changelog)
What's New? 2.5.0
Released -- 21 October 2021
The 2.5.0 release features significant enhancements and improvements to the Qt/SDL port. Specifically the debug tools and AVI recording capabilities.
- Fixed SYA and SXA opcodes in CPU. Blargg's NES CPU TEST #5 now passes.
- Added built-in AVI RIFF Tree Viewer.
- Redesigned debugger layout to optimize space usage.
- Window layout uses relocatable tabbed viewports to allow for layout customization.
- Added a tool bar for commonly used debugger buttons.
- Moved many configuration options to debugger window menu to save space.
- Added syntax coloring options to assembly code viewer.
- Added opcode description popups to assembly code viewer.
- Added assembly code custom font selection option.
- Added symbol tool tips and address look ahead popups for assembly code viewer.
- Added navigate backwards/forwards line history to assembly code viewer.
- Added breakpoint on unlogged code/data feature.
- Added breakpoint on execution of a specified PRG-ROM address.
- Added step back one instruction feature (experimental)
- Fixed draw logic to ensure that highlighted text coloring takes precidence over activity coloring.
- Fixed crash in hex editor when searching with Ctrl+A
- User can now save up to 3 alternate sets of gamepad button bindings in addition to the primary set.
- Advanced gamepad bindings (to hot key functions) are now stored for each individual gamepad by GUID.
- Build fix for static linking of lua. Ensure proper compiler flags are set for linux and mac OS to enable lua plugin functionality.
- Added optional linking of ffmpeg (libav) libraries for AVI recording. Provides full use of available encoders and options.
- Implemented AVI 2.0 Indexing Specification. This new indexing scheme eliminates 2GB AVI file recording limitation.
- Fixed video messages and HUD presentation AVI display options.
GUI Improvements and Bug Fixes
- Went through all debug tool windows and made sure that all configuration options are saved (persist on application restart).
- The position and size of all debug/tool windows is now saved at window close and restored at window open.
- For debug windows, if attempting to open a window that is already open, that window is raised to top and focused.
- Bug fixes for scroll bar presentation on custom viewport widgets in debug tools windows (debugger, hex editor, trace logger).
- Added main window context menu to Qt GUI.
- Various color customization options for debugger and hex editor.
- Changed hot key config window tree layout to sort keys into logical groups.
- Added offline help documentation viewer feature. (chm viewer for windows and Qt help engine for unix)
Video Improvements and Bug Fixes
- Fixed video message positioning so that it is not clipped when 8 pixel side clipping is active.
- Added integer frame rate option to better sync video with monitor refresh.
- Changed update rate of video frames per second display so that it is more readable.
Sound Improvements and Bug Fixes
- Added option to mute sound when main window is not in focus.
- Improved sound sample underflow/overflow algorithm to allow for better scaling with running the emulation at faster/slower speeds.
- Sound sample processing efficiency updates.
- Added an audio buffer percent usage indication and
an audio sink starve counter to sound config window for debug purposes.
- OpenBSD OS build fixes.
Created with the Personal Edition of HelpNDoc: Create help files for the Qt Help Framework